Creature Comforts

        I would imagine all humans have each one’s fetish – an inexplicable attachment to some trivial object or deed. I found mine in my senior years.
        
        Since my wife and I started renovating our bedroom (the first one in 27 years) and vacated the room,  I have been feeling lost without my bamboo back scratcher.

        As soon as I wake up every morning, for the last so many years, I have had the routine of reaching for my back scratcher hanging on the wall beside my bed – and of course I scratch my itchy back and find enough heavenly relief for the day.

        Since I cannot find my back scratcher, I have tried to rub my back against the walls and the door – to no avail. I have asked assistance from my wife, who gave me her comb!??? My grandson assisted me with a hairbrush and tried to do the job for me. His generosity gave me some relief –  in spots – in some other spots, the assistance practically made my skin bleed.
 
        I remember buying this beloved stick from a travelling cart loaded with rattan-bamboo products and pulled by a bull. I also bought from the same salesman a hand-made decorated native dagger with carabao horn handle. I’ve already disposed of this weapon knowing that this is now classified as a deadly weapon. This type of ambulant salesmen has gone out of style and are already banned from the traffic-gridlock of the MetroManila. Hence, I am still looking for my back scratcher.


        Will somebody tell me where I can buy a similar back scratcher? Or what is the 21st century equivalent of this ancient handy tool? Would you know what your fetish is? Or do you have a human back scratcher?

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.