ALLERGIC RHINITIS

As we enter a new phase in this our 21st century hi tech lives, we meet its consequent drawbacks – aging organs affected by pollution and other increasing environmental hazards.

Many of us seniors experience post-nasal drip described as a feeling of mucus dripping at the back of the throat - that leads to frequent throat clearing, sore throat, and coughing that disturbs our sleep. Since post-nasal drip is a symptom of another condition, other symptoms may be present that are linked to whatever's causing the problem. When allergies are responsible for post-nasal drip, many people experience teary eyes, itchiness of the nose and eyes, and headaches. And if you have also developed asthma, the post-nasal drip may make breathing even more difficult. Other symptoms associated with post-nasal drip may include bad breath, stuffy nose, hoarse voice, or persistent coughing.

In my search for relief from this often-embarrassing challenge, I came upon the following article entitled “Cure Post Nasal Drip with Steam” by floydtaylor:

“Treating Post Nasal Drip
Did you know that inhaling steam can cure your post nasal drip? Well it can, inhaling steam regularly will cure not only post nasal drip but all the other symptoms of nasal congestion as well.

Any doctor will tell you that inhaling steam is a natural decongestant. Doctors regularly recommend it for people suffering from colds, the flu, allergies, hay fever, asthma . . . the list goes on and on.

For years I have dealt with post nasal drip and all the other issues that start with nasal congestion. But recently, I took the advice of an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor who told me, among other things, to get a steam inhaler and use it regularly.

This time I followed his advice and all I can say is wow, what a difference! Visit the Consumer Reports Center.Com website to read more about how the MyPurMist Steam Inhaler is changing my life for the better.

So why aren’t people doing It?

Although it sounds simple, for most people it's just not that convenient or easy to do. Until recently you had to lean over a pan of boiling water over a stove with a towel over your head like this poor girl in the illustration.
 
Or, unless you had a membership to a club that had a steam room, you had to stand in a hot shower for thirty minutes.

How many people can do either of those things two-to-four times a day like the doctors want you to?

I've suffered with nasal congestion and all it's lousy effects for years, including the side effects from all the pills and nasal sprays. So when an ENT doctor recommended that I try using a personal steam inhaler, I went for it.



It beats all the other inhalers that I tried hands down! And as you can see, anyone can use it. It's perfectly safe even for children.

If you want to read more about why inhaling steam is good for you, you'll find that kind of information on the Mayo Clinic’s website or on WebMD. Or even better, talk to a doctor or respiratory therapist about it.”

But I suggest you no longer bother. If you have breathing issues because of allergies, colds & flu, chronic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis or just plain old nasal congestion, you really need to look into this great little device. It will also change your life.

Instead of MyPurMist Handheld Steam Inhaler, I experimented on the use a small portable electric water heater immersed in water in a plastic dipper or “tabo”- making sure the container was plastic not metallic. When the water began to simmer, I draped a towel over my head and bent over the steaming tabo. Taking extra care not to be scalded or grounded, I took deep breaths, inhaling through the nose and exhaling by mouth. While repeatedly doing so, when I began to feel that my nostrils were dripping wet, I knew my sinuses have cleared. About 20 – 30 deep breaths per cycle should be enough.


I have done this for only 2 days, but I already feel relieved of the symptoms of post-nasal drip. If you start to feel post-nasal drip while in lying in bed, you need not stand up to do this inhalation therapy. You can just grab your abrasador, lie on your side and clear your throat without coughing audibly. If the breathing issues persist the following morning, you can always do steam inhalation.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.