My New Normal

I now find myself in the new normal year of 2016. Like the original New Normal TV series in the US, the year 2016 echoes a frightening reality. There is no such possibility as going back to normal times. What with the tumultous pre-campaign word war and tabloid media where certain quarters are entertaining the possibility of resurrecting the horrors of martial law, the threat of terrorism, the subtle creeping invasion of China, the escalating traffic mess, population explosion, divorce, same sex marriage, etc.- all happening in my progressively sensitive senior years.

Added to these, I am now unable to send my thoughts to my contemporaries, friends and relatives. Gmail has branded my email messages as spam and has therefore blocked and bounced my bulk mail. So, I have temporarily stopped writing blogs waiting for feedback from my favorite email recipients. Unfortunately, I got very few queries.

I am now in the process of trimming my emailing list, maintaining those who showed concern and some interest. I need to keep writing to exercise and stimulate my brain cells to keep them from shrivelling.

Part of my realization for the new normal is that time marches on unempeded and determines my chronological age. My biological age is determined by my health conditions and can therefore slow down plummeting chronological age. Psychological age also hinders or accelerates aging and is determined by how old I feel I am. While we don't have control over chronological age, we can take care of our health with good diet, exercise and a cheerful mental outlook. A positive attitude and optimistic thinking can reverse the third psychological age – an age that is greatly enhanced and affected by one’s self-esteem.

Apart from deep Faith, the most relaxing and recreating forces are healthy and religious attitudes, good sleep, music and laughter. But our secret should be on the internal satisfaction and happiness we derive by knowing in conscience that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our grandchildren and greatgrandchildren will inherit a country that is better than what we inherited from our ancestors. 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.