RAINY DAYS

At the start of a new year, after my recent 88th birthday, and in the midst of a vicious raging Omicron pandemic, it is difficult not to feel anxious about my life. After 80, it seems the remaining years are shorter than the one before it. So much of the last 2 years has been hijacked by this pandemic - lockdowns and restrictions on mobility have kept my wife’s life and mine away from our old known routines.

During most of those 88 years, I have managed to keep a stoic but smiling face that many termed as the indifference of an introvert. Little do people know that, like a turtle, I have my personal shell or shelter in my immediate family – my silver bullet, which I now share with my reader.

My theory is that our country is blessed by the mantle of our Mama Mary. Many have experienced her protective concern. I have felt this at Carmelite convent in Lipa. We just need to be sure that we deserve this special attention.

For as far back as my grade school days, I used to wake up in the morning with my call to arms: “Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here, ever this day be at my side to light and guard, to rule and guide . . .”

I firmly believe in my plea: “ . . God, whose only begotten Son by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of everlasting life, grant, we beseech Thee, that through the merits of the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain . ."

 And my constant reminder for me to keep the faith through “The Memorare . . . O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided."

”When the day is done, I submit my life thus: “Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, but if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.”

"My Lord and my God, Jesus for Thee I live, Jesus for Thee I die, Jesus I am Thine in life and in death."

So, why should I worry - let the rain pour on my parade. I have Mama's mantle over my head.  I merely follow traffic rules from above.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.